What you get
- Replacement ear pads
- Adapter to 6.3 mm stereo jack plug
I first heard about this model from a professional producer a while ago. Although Sennheiser is one of the most renowned headphone manifacturers, competition was high and so the offer. Since I was a beginner I took the advice. Lots of years have passed since then, and they're still one of the best DJ/producer headphone you can get. Mine doesn't have a single scratch, although they had a pretty 'intense' life.
So, here are the pros and cons I found after this prolonged use of 'stress testing':
- Comfortable and lightweight, I've been able to use them for hours
- Mostly flat response
- Great sound quality is great at any volume
- Simple, classic, unmistakable
- Solid like a tank
- Low impedance, they're good for almost any MP3 player.
Price is a little high, no doubt, still, they're worth the premium.
- Nominal impedance: 70 Ohm
- Load rating: 0.2 W
- Contact pressure: ca. 2.5 N
- Weight w/o cable: ca. 140 g
- Jack plug: 3,5/6,3 mm stereo
- Transducer principle: dynamic, closed
- Ear coupling: supraaural
- Cable length: 1,5 m
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 120 dB(SPL)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0,3 %
- Frequency response (headphones): 16.....22000 Hz
Great headphones for djs, producers and studio monitoring.